ClockworkMod recovery – one of the most popular custom recovery consoles for Android devices – is now available for your Advent Vega. While getting root access to your device does allow you to do a lot with it, several advanced customizations require a recovery that allows you to flash custom unsigned zip files and edit your firmware. To install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Advent Vega tablet, read on.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Enable USB debugging on your tablet in Settings > Applications > Development
- Connect your tablet to the computer via USB. You should see the Android Debugging icon on the task bar.
- Launch a Command Prompt window on your computer and enter the following command:
- Your Advent Vega would be listed. If it is not listed, go to device manager and update driver of the unknown device from the SDK’s ‘google-usb_driver’ folder.
- In the command prompt window, browse to the location of the recovery files extracted on your computer and enter the following commands one by one:
adb push recovery.img /data/local/ adb push flash_image /data/local/ adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img adb reboot
- Your Advent Vega now has ClockworkMod recovery installed on it. You can boot it into recovery any time now by using the Vega Reboot Recovery app.
For any suggestions, queries or updates, please head over to the developer’s thread at MoDaCo.