While Android 3.0 Honeycomb running on XOOM is pretty much the most popular subject of conversation in the Android world, its SDK has been ported to many devices in somewhat working conditions. While we cannot be sure how many phones would get to taste the blue magic of the Honeycomb, what we can do while we wait is to take it a step closer to looking like Honeycomb.
If you’re a Droid X owner and want to use the beautiful Honeycomb as your boot animation, please find below the complete stepwise tutorial to do so.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process
Below is the video of the boot animation recorded on a Droid X:
- Download the above mentioned Honeycomb animation that you prefer. It is recommended to try out both to suit your need.
- Place the zip on your SD card.
- Download and install Root Explorer on your device if you already don’t have it.
- Go to the Data/Local folder and copy off ‘bootanimation.zip’ to somewhere else on the SD card so you have a backup if you want to revert.
- Mount the system in read/write with Root Explorer.
- Rename the downloaded Honeycomb animation to ‘bootanimation.zip’ to copy it to the Data/Local folder.
- Exit Root Explorer and reboot your device to see the new boot Animation.
- If you want to add sound to your boot animation, download the appropriate animation from the link above.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Scroll down to Install zip , select and install the downloaded zip file.
- Reboot after the installation is complete.
Enjoy the new Honeycomb animation on your device !
For any issues, suggestions and update, head over to the Droid X forums thread.