Essential Job Functions
Has primary responsibility for management of the Helpdesk Level 1 team.
Monitors Helpdesk ticket queues daily to ensure that user requests are being expedited according to issue priority and service level standards.
Serves as liaison to escalation level support teams when issues require further evaluation or information beyond the Level 1 team.
In order to minimize downtime, assists helpdesk with timely identification of issue trends/patterns so that appropriate escalation level support teams and management are notified.
Promotes helpdesk and ticketing system best practices:
- Develops and maintains procedural documentation for the Level 1 team and other general Helpdesk documentation for the IT department.
- Promotes continuous improvement in order to enhance the quality of service provided to helpdesk users. This includes setting service standards, auditing compliance and providing helpdesk training.
Collects helpdesk data in order to understand ticket volume, helpdesk issue trends/patterns, staffing needs and makes recommendations to management, as necessary. Compiles statistical and other reports as required.
Serves as a member of the Helpdesk Level 1 team in order to augment staffing as required, including afterhours:
- Prioritizes, resolves and/or reassigns helpdesk requests that are received either by phone or by email.
- Using best practice procedures, enters issue details and documents troubleshooting steps into the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Manages user accounts (add/delete/transfer) as appropriate.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field.
2+ years leading an IT helpdesk team.
2+ years experience using a helpdesk ticket management system.
Takes the initiative to understand technology and how it may impact helpdesk requests.
Able to organize and prioritize work and the work of others, in order to meet helpdesk customer service levels.
Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
Strong customer service skills.
Effective communication (verbal and written).
Excellent analytical skills to use towards problem-solving helpdesk issues
May need to be available after hours in order to respond to support service issues
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer’s Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer’s Association.