1. Provide regular counseling and case management for high school students identified as at-risk for non-completion.
2. Coordinate with school personnel in order to quickly identify and address behavior, attendance, academic and substance abuse problems.
3. Monitor at-risk students and implement positive interventions using outside resources as necessary.
4. Work with students individually to create an individualized high school completion plan, Career Interest Inventory, and postsecondary education plan all designed to meet career/employability goals.
5. Prepare and share information on career exploration and job market statistics to facilitate student’s postsecondary planning.
6. Coordinate career learning activities (such as mock interviews, financial literacy training, and college or industry visits).
7. Maintain intensive focus on work ethic and soft skill training
8. Implement workshops to assist at-risk students and their guardians in developing informed and attainable plans for high school graduation, higher education and career.
9. Communicate in writing and through regularly scheduled meetings with Ivy Tech staff, Regional Opportunities Initiatives, Inc. ( ROI ) officials & high school officials.
10. Serve as an Ivy Tech Community College representative in the high school.
11. Assist the Ivy Tech Secondary Initiatives Coordinator in dual credit programming and promotion. Assist in the collection of information such as Accuplacer test scores, grades, and other materials.
12. Travel between high school assignments and Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington may be required.
13. All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree and previous experience in advising, career counseling, recruiting, or student services required.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to
o work with diverse populations
o work independently without direct supervision
o initiate and balance multiple work projects.
o work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quicklink for Posting