A few days back, CyanogenMod saw its stable 6.1 release based on Android 2.2.1 FroYo. The updated ROM was initially available for only a few devices but versions for other devices started rolling out in the following days. Recently, the version for HTC Droid Incredible has been spotted on ROM Manager, and you can grab it now to upgrade your device to the latest CyanogenMod release. For more details and installation instructions, read on.
This build is now appearing in ROM Manager and is confirmed to be working seamlessly. Many users have confirmed that it is running with no issues, so it seems to really live up to its ‘stable’ release name.
This release brings a lot of features, bug fixes and enhancements to the popular Andriod mod. The list is quite long and you can find it at the official change log.
You can flash this ROM to your Droid Incredible using ROM Manager by following our guide here, or download the ROM directly from the link given below. If you want to flash the ROM directly through recovery, here is the method.
Disclaimer: Flash your phone at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and the optional Google apps to your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Go to ‘backup and restore’ and perform a backup.
- Get back to the main recovery menu.
- Perform a ‘wipe data/factory reset’. You may skip this step if you already have CyanogenMod 6 on your phone.
- Next, perform ‘wipe cache’.
- Go to ‘advanced’ and perform ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- Get back to the main recovery menu and go to ‘install zip from sdcard’.
- Go to ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and select the ROM’s zip file that you copied to the SD card.
- Once the ROM has been installed, again ‘install zip from sdcard’ followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and this time, select the Google apps zip file that you transferred to the SD card earlier, if you are choosing to optionally install those.
- Once the Google apps package has been installed, reboot your phone from the main recovery menu.
You should now have CyanogenMod 6.1 installed on your HTC Droid Incredible. The first boot may take a while, so be patient. Enjoy!