Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Job Purpose: Lead overall store operations and profitability with responsibility for achieving sales, payroll, and operating contribution results. Hire, develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive the business and exceed customer expectations. Champion company initiatives, ensuring timely execution of short and long term retail strategy and action plans. Hold team accountable for upholding brand values, standards and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, culinary classes and events, credit card, gift registry and community outreach.
- Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor supervision to drive sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and visual presentation.
- Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
- Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
- Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and ‘Division of Responsibility’ assignments.
- Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
- Actively network, interview, select and on-board associates.
- Build positive working relationships with store team, District Manager and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
- Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
- Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
- Plan and delegate key initiatives. Collaborate with team to anticipate challenges and re-assess changing
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention. * College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 4 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- May require occasional overnight travel.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
Global Business Acumen – Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability — Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams — Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results — Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication — Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration — Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.