Location: Cambridge, MA
Troubleshoot, service, and repair all types of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems including but not limited to general heating and cooling systems. Installs and repairs all types of boilers, heating, and cooling systems and auxiliary equipment. Interprets and updates mechanical plans and prints as necessary. Provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction. Assists and advises customers on maintenance solutions and provides follow-up on progress and status of work. Performs other core skills of the trades and related duties as required. Works independently under the guidance and direction of the Chief Engineer and or Lead Engineer. Completes all work orders as assigned within specified time frames. Protects and improves the value of the owner’s assets and ensures the buildings, equipment and systems meet or exceed their rated lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily and periodic tasks in assigned areas as directed
- Maintain a professional, safe and clean work area. Comply with OSHA Safety Policies and Regulations
- On call responsibilities will be required on a rotating basis to cover for any off hour emergencies
- Works safely at all times and promptly informs management about unsafe conditions existing in the work area
- Plant maintenance, operations activities and building renovations
- Assist in the proper operation of the Preventive Maintenance Program escalating issues and repairs as necessary
- Maintenance work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures that all in house and vendor work performed under his/her supervision is done in a timely and cost effective manner according to the applicable codes, and in such a manner that it doesn’t negatively impact building systems
- Works to identify ways to improve building efficiency
- Ensures that all facilities under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all Federal, State and Local Laws
- Ensures environmental procedures and issues are being followed through the direction of the customer’s environmental specialist representative. Assists in reviewing and engineering, with the customer representative(s), any plans or specifications for additional maintenance, construction and renovations.
- Extensive knowledge of building mechanical/electrical infrastructure.
- Five (5) years’ experience in HVAC industry with 5 years working with systems installation, operation, maintenance, repair
- Minimum 3 to 5-year experience in a lab/research setting or similar environment
- Strong knowledge of air handling systems, airflow and IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) issues, heating systems and exhaust systems is required
- Must have the ability to read and interpret detailed plans, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels.
- Current Massachusetts Refrigeration Journeyman License.
- Universal EPA Refrigerant Reclaiming Certification.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds
- High school diploma or GED
- Special Skills:
- Experience working with Siemens Building Automation Systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customer and subordinates.
- Experience operating a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Class 1 Massachusetts Waste Water Treatment License preferred but not
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must possess the necessary physical stamina to perform all required functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
I have read the job description and I am able to perform the essential functions and meet the working conditions, physical and mental demands of the job. I understand that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at www.cwservices.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- HVAC: 5 years
- lab/research setting: 3 years
Required license or certification: