The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Responsible for business unit contract development and performance of small to medium size/value contracts by identifying and maximizing value opportunities. Manages specific sites/facilities to insure standard appearance and condition. Is responsible for all facility related work at all assigned sites.
– Provides comprehensive management oversight for all facilities
– Analyzes, prepares, prioritizes, schedules service requests, create complete work orders, maintains job status data (WMS) and direct service provider according the business needs and use best work practices.
– Maintains safe and environmentally acceptable working conditions by periodically inspections.
– Develop contract strategy within the business unit/COE
– Define contract terms/conditions in accordance with company standards
– Manage post award contract activities:
– Manage vendor performance & compliance
– Ensure contract (terms/conditions) compliance; such as enforcing payment terms
– Modify contract as necessary
– Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal (verify completion of work at close-out)
– Manage small to medium size/value contracts through the entire life cycle
– Provide performance metrics report on contract management performance/development & compliance
– Point of contact to resolve contractual issues as required
– Intervenes, analyzes, manages and resolves business conflicts between the company and vendors
– Identify and apply value maximizing opportunities
– Partner with supply chain management to develop optimal contract terms
– Manage PO specific work efforts (technical and commercial) in accordance with corporate policy
– Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness, and interpretation to support implementation
– Handle on-going issues and change management documenting appropriately
– Interface with key customer, proactively insuring contractual compliance and performance
– Collaborates with the SCM team to provide guidance on vendor selection
– Ability to analyze current processes and make modifications utilizing CI principles
– Support structuring of negotiations of contracts
– Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
– Associates degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, engineering or related discipline – Bachelor’s degree preferred
– 3+ years experience in contract management techniques
– Ability to work autonomously
– Strong project management skills
– Must have a valid driver’s license
– Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with key internal and external stakeholders
– Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills
– Acute attention to detail
– Negotiation/influencing skills
– Proficiency in the following software: MicroSoft Office, SAP, Maximo, SRM
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they’re assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisor or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Fleet & Facility Services
Michigan-West Michigan-Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids Wealthy Station
444 Wealthy S.W.
Is this position covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement?
Skills Based Testing Required:
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required:
Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
This position is a Department of Transportation (DOT) covered position and must pass DOT drug screen and is subject to random drug testing.
NERC-CIP Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access (cyber and/or physical) to NERC-CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corp. — Critical Infrastructure Protection Cyber Security Standards) controlled assets or documents?
CFATS Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access to restricted areas and/or access to critical assets of a CFATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) designated High Risk Chemical Facility?
FERC Training: This position will require Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Gas Training qualifications