Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position serves as the lead for all document control-related tasks. To provide accurate information is a crucial part of this position.
- Responsible for monitoring all incoming documents
- Coordinate updating Forms, Brochures and Staff directory
- Exercise Supervision
- File Review Need Analysis
- Maintain office supply inventory and maintenance on office machinery
- Maintain and monitor student files in the vault and off campus storage facility
- Other duties as assigned by the OFA Director and Assistant Director Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent. B.A. preferred but not required
- A minimum of 2 years office support experience, including one year in a position that required critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information in the Office of Financial Aid
- Demonstrated success working in a high volume, high production setting
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Ability to exercise judgment
- Capacity to listen and respond with knowledge and empathy
- Good interpersonal skills, discretion
- Word processing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Aid regulations and USD institutional policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the University of San Diego and its financial aid philosophy
- Experience working with Federal Regulations governing all Federal Student Aid Assistance programs.
- Knowledge of federal tax laws and forms.
- Ability to interact in a congenial, helpful manner with staff from other departments in troubleshooting situations.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement : Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process. Additional Details
Salary: $17.73 – $21.00 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closing date: February 24, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree .