In case you have accidently or willingly updated your iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4.0.2 then you can jailbreak it with Redsn0w version 0.9.5b5-5. Apple has patched the PDF exploit which allowed JailbreakMe to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G by a simple process.
Here is the step by step guide on jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.0.2 using Redns0w Version 0.9.5b5-5.
- The first step is to download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and save it on your desktop [or wherever you prefer].
- Start Redns0w.
- Once Redsn0w starts, click browse and and select the original iOS 4 Firmware IPSW file.
- Now wait for Redsn0w to process the firmware file and select next.
- On this screen, check mark “Install Cydia” and press next.
- Now power off your iPod Touch 2G and connect it with your computer. Please only press next once you are 100 % sure that your phone is properly powered off and plugged to the computer.
- Now follow the onscreen instruction to complete your jailbreak. This process will take some time so do not interrupt installation or disconnect your device.
- The device will reboot automatically once Redsn0w finishes the process.
And there you go! You now have your iPod 2G jailbroken on iOS 4.0.2 using Redsn0w.
Disclaimer: Please follow this procedure at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if this method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.