- MBA or a Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in IT consulting, general management consulting, project management, or business intelligence, with a focus on health care and revenue cycle transformation
- History of managing projects or programs that significantly improved revenue cycle performance (e.g., improved patient collections, reduced denial write-offs, increased accuracy of clinical documentation and coding, accelerated back-end cash collections, etc.)
- Passion for pursing the triple aim of better health, better health care, and lower costs through data-driven, systems-based change
- Experience with advanced analytics and data management a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed, up to 40% of time
- Strong people skills and ability to engage all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management skills and entrepreneurial drive
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work with the Revenue Cycle Domain within McKinsey Healthcare Analytics (MHA) in the New York office. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey’s New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You’ll Do
You will develop strategic and operational plans in two main areas – building Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) distinctive assets, and delivery expertise for our clients.
You will oversee execution against strategic plan across domain (product, technology, delivery) and you’ll provide strategic input to development of product roadmaps, working with tech and engineering groups to drive execution and build awareness of the RCM domain at industry events (e.g., presentations, workshops).
You will also contribute as needed to client development and delivery activities ensuring capability to deliver distinctive client impact. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for building demand for the domain (e.g., through strong internal and external professional network). You will have the opportunity to build high performing and highly engaged deployment teams and provide support to junior colleagues to solve deployment challenges.