increase student attendance, using diplomacy and conflict resolution. Is responsible for enforcing
the compulsory school attendance laws. Works with their district counterparts to identify practical
approaches geared to decrease the number of student truancies. Assists students in understanding
the correlation between academic success and regular attendance.
JOB DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Works closely with the Dean’s Office, monitoring attendance infractions and assigning
appropriate consequences as stated in the Student Code of Conduct.
2. Using the Student Information System and HERO mobile scanning equipment, issues
tardies, classroom passes, and downloads reports.
3. Contacts parents and arranges meetings to discuss and resolve excessive tardy issues.
4. Arranges home visits when truancy issues cannot be resolved in the school setting.
5. Travels to the Regional Office of Education or other court facilities to represent the school at
6. Documents daily all interactions/interventions with the student, family, and/or community
appropriately in the Student Information System.
7. Provides weekly progress reports to Principal reflecting attendance improvement.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
2. Must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as phone skills.
3. Must be diplomatic and easily able to resolve conflict.
1. High School Diploma (Required) (Bachelor’s degree in Social/Human Services Preferred).
2. Bilingual Preferred (Spanish/English – Written/Verbal)
1. Must have the ability to easily walk long distances several times daily, including going up
and down stairs in a three (3) story building.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with
business necessity. Job Duties / Accountabilities are subject to modification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1 year grant funded; may be renewable.
Evidence of the Job Duties / Accountabilities being performed will be evaluated at least once each