Under the leadership of the Manager Database Administration, this position is responsible for providing high-level assistance and oversight for all activities related to the administration of client/server database(s) in a “7×24” environment.
Assists other IT personnel with database related projects and helps oversee and provide guidance and assistance for their activities associated with these projects. Helps provide direction on design, implementation, and maintenance of complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methods. Consults with and advises users of various data bases, middleware applications. Helps Project long-range requirements for database administration in conjunction with others in the information systems function. Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of client/server database management.
- Administrative functions include attending implementation meetings, reviewing implementation processes with application development and meeting with database manager to review events and changes.
- Monitor data bases to ensure proper storage availability and utilization, response time for acceptable application performance.
- Review database design and setup to ensure that new or modified data bases meet acceptable database standards. Proactively monitor databases and provide feedback to application teams on performance.
- Work with System Administrators to plan and allocate storage and other system resources related to database placement and performance.
- Working with System Administrators and Applications Development as required, help resolve data base-related failures and performance issues.
- Plan and implement data base-related moves, fixes, patches and upgrades to ensure database engine is at current, vendor supported software levels.
- Work with Applications Development to plan and implement installation and upgrades of vendor supplied applications requiring data bases.
- Staying current with database capabilities and experimenting with various configuration options to ensure the best possible database performance.
3 to 5 years’ experience with data bases such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database
BS or BA in business information systems or computer science or related field, plus specific training in data bases being supported.
Strong SQL and Procedural SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc) skills.
Technical knowledge includes in depth knowledge of database design language, SQL, database stored procedures and database specific utilities; knowledge of the various system processes required to run the data base(s) on the computing system being supported; good working knowledge of the OS the supported data base(s) run under, specifically AIX, Linux and Windows Server.
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401 k.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity