Cummins Northwest has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the “Best Every Time, Every Day” with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins Northwest employees to the company, but also to the communities in which we work and live.
We have an exciting opportunity for a customer service advisor, based in Medford, Oregon, who will help customers by offering parts and/or service in person or by phone. Other responsibilities include:
- Schedules customer work for In Shop or Mobile.
- Performs Customer Interview utilizing the Interview Wizard.
- Manages the work order, including customer contact during the diagnostic, quoting, repair and invoicing (or claim creation) processes and ensures that all applicable SRTs are built in the job plan.
- Conveys parts needs by name or P/N to the Parts Professional on the shop floor.
- Use QuickServe Online for Parts lookup, Service and Warranty Manuals and information
- Utilize the Onan and Cummins Parts Catalogs, Fleetguard Cross Reference.
- Actively involved in service center marketing and up selling.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Performs other service or parts front counter related duties as may be assigned.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for these qualifications:
- Good verbal communication skills with external and internal customers.
- Experience necessary in handling customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Analysis/problem solving with basic knowledge of diesel engine technology
- PC skills for written communications.
- Demonstrates team leadership and motivates others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to and creative thinking for continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain a good business relationship with customers.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate, expedite and follow through to task completion.
- Ability to positively react to change in environment, processes and people.
- Ability to perform quick decisions, have a decision making process in place.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with handling customers in a courteous and professional manner.
Compensation and benefits
Hourly wage commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to take care of the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Primary Location United States-Oregon-Medford-US, OR, Central Point, Cummins Northwest Medford
Job Type Experienced – Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Office
Job Posting Dec 5, 2016, 6:13:28 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing