LOCATION: Varies REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A COURTESY CLERK
As a Courtesy Clerk, your potential to thrive is at your fingertips. To truly be successful in the position, the individual needs to be thoughtful and passionate about his or her work. In this role you are the face of the Company and whether you are bagging groceries or sweeping the floor you will always have the opportunity to interact with our valued customers. The possibilities are endless and this is your opportunity to learn about the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide top-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Bag groceries making sure not to overload bag(s) and ensuring contents are not damaged.
• Load purchased items into cart(s).
• Help customers carry and/or load purchased groceries outside to their vehicles.
• Retrieve shopping carts from parking lot.
• Perform price checks when asked by cashier to verify grocery prices.
• Maintain cleanliness of the store including check stand area (belt and glass), facing and straightening up end display areas near check stand, sweeping of floor, mopping, emptying trash throughout the store, cleaning of lunch/break-room areas as well as restrooms and other store areas as assigned.
• Maintain cleanliness of parking lot including maintaining clean entry and emptying of trash as necessary
• Assist customers with their shopping selection upon request.
• Stock supply of bags at check stands.
• Collect grocery items not purchased and return items to appropriate stock shelf.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position: **
• Ability to lift, bend and grasp
• Ability to work in outdoor parking lots, including ability to be exposed to weather conditions, including extreme heat or cold and rain and snow.
• Maintain high standards of safety within department and store
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway products and share that knowledge with our customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position: **
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Seldom
• Bend/Stoop: Seldom
• Lift/Carry: Frequent/carry 5-50 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Frequent, push/pull 10-15 lbs. products/shopping carts *depending on amount of carts lbs. will increase
• Twist/Turn: Frequent
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER