II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Collect, compile, and present all costs including but not limited to piece, tooling, material, process, and engineering costs, using a standard format. Utilize prior knowledge of similar processes and judge if they are reasonable.
B. Apply costs to a program budget and facilitate approvals from all internal departments.
C. Analyze costs and make reduction recommendations.
D. Work with Z(PPD), Engineering Design, Purchasing, PE, Sales, and each production company to promote cost reduction activities.
E. Use engineering principles to suggest cost reduction proposals in early development.
F. Provide and track feasible cost planning targets for the entire development team.
G. Manage the program budget by reviewing the assigned program versus the previously defined targets each month. Meet with other departments and plants on a monthly basis to ensure the budget is met.
H. Assist with training and mentoring less experienced team members.
I. Present program cost reports to upper management.
J. Lead cross-functional cost planning projects.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering, purchasing or program controlling. Automotive experience with seat or door panel production preferred.
- Experience in estimating, analyzing, and evaluating costs at a component and assembly level.
- Experience in working and developing people and processes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and knowledge of manufacturing processes (seat or door experience preferred)
- Above-average math and reasoning skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English required
- Japanese, German, Portuguese, and/or Spanish preferred.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
IV. Work Environment/Conditions :
Office: Open Office Environment
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
V. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.