serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For
more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
Continued growth in our outsourcing and consulting practices in New England and the NY Tri-State area requires that we add to our staff in both the Nonprofit Accounting Team, and For Profit Accounting Team. CLA is the leading provider of outsourced financial
and accounting consulting services in New England and the NY Tri-State area and is the premier provider of part-time and interim accounting and financial management professionals servicing both for profit and nonprofit organizations.
Currently, CLA is seeking Consultants at the Chief Financial Officer level to help with our clients’ needs. Our clients range from pre-revenue venture backed start-ups to Fortune 1000 companies as well as a variety of private companies and nonprofit organizations.
We support clients in diverse industries, but have specific focus in the verticals of technology, life sciences, manufacturing, human services organizations, educational institutions and arts organizations. Hands on individuals who are familiar with budgeting,
monthly closing processes, managing relationships with the boards and outside CPA firms are ideal to oversee financial functions at client sites.
Depending on the type of organization, responsibilities may include:
1. Managing the financial and operational functions for clients including accounting and reporting, information technology, human resources, and operations.
2. Oversight of nonprofit financial reporting including A-133 and Form 990
3. Oversight of nonprofit accounting and grants management for unrestricted and restricted funds
4. Financial and manufacturing cost operations review
5. Revenue Recognition and contract review
6. Involvement with raising capital and debt financing
7. Budget forecasting
8. Financial operations review
9. Financial statement preparation and review
10. Provide strategic guidance for management and key financial interface with Board of Directors
1. More than 15 years of accounting and operations experience, including strategic management and Board interface
2. Previous CFO or Controller experience with a nonprofit organization
3. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance.
4. Prior Consulting experience strongly preferred.
5. Strong proficiency in all MS Office products, and one or more accounting software packages required: Quick Books, Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree), Great Plains Dynamic, Netsuite and Intacct. Accounting software specific to the nonprofit industry would include
Blackbaud products (Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, Fundware), Abila (formerly Sage) MIP.
6. CPA or MBA desired
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any
other characteristic protected by law.