We’re continuing to break new ground as a powerhouse of innovation: leading the film-to-digital conversion , putting pixels everywhere with Christie MicroTiles® and digital displays , and bringing massive landmarks to life with projection mapping . Plus, we’re on the leading edge of new and exciting solutions: introducing immersive audio , advancing seamless presentation and collaboration , and opening up a new frontier with laser projection.
If you’re looking for high quality, innovative, shared experiences you’ve definitely come to the right place.
At Christie we believe that employees create our success and in exchange we provide competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer matching, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated AV Service Technician I in Oklahoma City, OK will work Monday through Friday and being on-call everyday.
The AV Service Technician I will be responsible for installation, repair, maintenance and support of CDS products, digital projection systems, 35mm film as well as related OSA and Interactive media systems equipment. You will process all administrative paper work associated with your work, be responsible for technical support of specialized internal applications, and inventory management.
1. Provide technical support to customers while remaining cost effective.
2. Repair, and update products and software.
3. Repair or update any and all projectors still under factory warranty or under service contracts.
4. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Maintains extensive experience and judgment to assist the Customer Service Team on all technical issues.
5. Provide service feedback to the marketing, engineering and production departments
6. Perform emergency service at the client’s locations as needed to ensure the full functionality of OSA system, Interactive media systems related equipment and Digital Cinema projectors and systems.
7. Provide technical training for the end user relating to the operation of OSA system and related digital equipment.
8. Ability to diagnose and repair Digital Projectors and Digital systems.
9. Ability to diagnose and repair complex technical problems independently
10. Perform maintenance/repair/alignment on 35mm film projector.
11. Perform maintenance/repair/alignment on Audio A/B chain.
12. Perform maintenance/repair/alignment on house automation system.
13. Support live events/screening for Digital Cinema
14. Ability to research complex customer issues ensuring a timely resolution.
15. Provide detailed technical documentation relating to all functions performed.
16. Perform preventative scheduled maintenance to ensure optimum operation and a minimum of down time of OSA, Interactive media systems system and Digital Cinema projectors and systems.
17. Process and maintain accuracy of inventory per SOP
18. Travel requirement would be approximately 35%
19. Provide 24/7 technical support
1. Test and evaluate equipment.
2. Coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance accurately allowing sufficient time for transit and testing.
3. Provide timely and effective technical support to meet the customers’ expectations via telephone or in person.
4. Develop and maintain good customer relationships.
5. Evaluation services to engineering for software and hardware changes and the evaluation of new products and designs for the Marketing department
6. Troubleshoot and resolve Network issues i.e. connectivity, applications, Internet, Web, WAN, e-mail and infrastructure related to CDS brand and related equipment
– BS/BA in a technical field or equivalent technical experience
– 5 yrs in similar industry
– Troubleshooting and Electronic Skills
– Field Service & Equipment Repair
– Ability to lift 80lbs without assistance
– Ability to safely climb ladders up to 15 feet.
– Experience with LCD, D-ILA, and or DLP Technology
– Expert level ability to diagnose and repair Digital Projectors and Digital systems
To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the Essential Duties of the job. Use these codes to complete this section: “F” for frequently; “O” for occasionally; “N” for not at all.
On the job the employee must: On the job the employee must be
(F) Bend (F) Sit (F) Read/Comprehend
(O) Squat (F) Stand (F) Write
(O) Crawl (O) Walk (F) Perform calculations
(O) Climb (O) Push/Pull (F) Communicate orally
(O) Kneel (F) Reason and analyze
(F) Handle objects (manual dexterity)
(O) Reach above shoulder level
(F) Use finger movements
Must carry/lift loads of:
(F) Light (Up to 25 lbs.)
(O) Moderate (25-50 lbs.)
(O) Heavy (Over 50 lbs.)
Salary is open to discussion and negotiable depending on experience. Please provide a brief salary history.
Please note that we will be unable to offer relocation assistance or visa sponsorship for this position.
Employment Opportunity employer of minority, female, protected veteran (VEVRRA) and disabled persons. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.