The Audi Service Technician is responsible for:
* Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
* Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
* Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
* Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
* Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
* Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
* Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
* Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
* Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
* Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
* The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
* Dealership uniforms are required.
* An Honorable Discharge from the Military.
* Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
* Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements ( drug screening, credit check, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation).
* Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems or other technical specialized skills. Must be able to provide proof of technical training.
* In the absence of formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems or other technical specialized skills, the candidate must provide proof of successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal vocational technical automotive training in a private institution completed within the past five years.
* Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base/installation or direct support maintenance level. Must be able to provide proof of work experience.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
Must be able to:
* Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
* Drive a manual transmission.
* Read and comprehend technical instruction.
* Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
* Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed* While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
* Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Audi of America, and/or its subordinate Regions and Dealership(s).