The Audi Service Consultant is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and promoting additional needed service to customers. The service consultant is the dealership’s first-line customer-relations and service representative. Service Consultants must deal with all customer needs relating to the maintenance or repair work being performed on their Audi vehicles.
* Schedules service appointments.
* Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
* Greets customers and obtains vehicle information.
* Writes up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order, test driving if needed.
* Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
* Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
* Provides a complete and accurate written time and cost estimate for labor and parts.
* Obtains customer’s signature, method of payment and credit approval, if necessary.
* Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
* Checks progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding changes and gets authorization before further repairs are performed.
* Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
* Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up-to-date.
* Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
* Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
* Supervises all cleaning and prepping of new and used vehicles.
* Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
* Demonstrated customer service skills.
* Previous industry knowledge.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.0
* Two years’ experience in a retail position.
* Sales experience (preferred).
* ASE certification (is preferred but not required).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Professional appearance.
* 2 year or 4 year Business Degree or related field preferred.
* An Honorable Discharge from the Military.
* Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
* Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation).
* Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems or other technical specialized skills preferred. Must be able to provide proof of technical training.
* In the absence of formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems or other technical specialized skills, the candidate must provide proof of successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal vocational technical automotive training in a private institution completed within the past five years.
* Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience.
* Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many priorities.
* Prior military recruiting, career counseling, public affairs, or outside sales experience preferred.
* Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, must speak English as the primary language.
* Organization and follow-up skills.
* Experience and desire to work with technology.
* Completion of at least 3 years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base/installation or direct support maintenance level. Must be able to provide proof of work experience.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
Must be able to:
* Drive a manual transmission.
* Read and comprehend technical instruction.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
* Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Audi of America, and/or its subordinate Regions and Dealership(s).