Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist head coach with teaching and coaching (player development).
- Recruiting (phone calls, contacts, evaluations, emails, official and unofficial visits etc.)
- Team Travel Coordination
- General Assignments
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 2 years experience either coaching or playing at the Division I or professional level
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must be able to be on court for 5 hours at a time and be physically fit.
· Must have the ability to work live ball drills with student-athletes.
· Ability to communicate and relate to college student-athletes
· Organized with excellent time management skills.
· Must be passionate and excited to develop a top level program for the University of San Diego.
· Represent the University of San Diego in a professional and responsible manner.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Must pass NCAA Division I Coaches Recruiting Test, (yearly). Must complete this within six weeks of employment.
· Valid drivers license within six weeks of employment
· Must be CPR/AED /First Aid certified within six weeks of employment
Special Conditions of Employment
- May be expected to travel for extended periods of time for athletic and recruiting events.
- Must pass required background checks.
Physical Demands: The employee will spend many hours on the court. Must be physically fit to be able to play against the student athletes, as well as do the strength and conditioning program with the athletes.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement : Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week; including event and weekend work for travel, recruiting and competitions.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree .