Planned Companies is looking for a Business Development Director to drive the growth of the business by generating new opportunities and advancing the company brand. This professional reports to the VP of Business Development and is a key contributor within the sales organization. This individual will collaborate with the Business Development Team, Operations Team, & Sales/Marketing Department to expand the company’s various facility management services throughout the New York market.
Compensation: This position comes with a base salary (BOE), commission structure, insurance benefits and a 401K plan.
The Director of Business Development’s main task is to facilitate the growth of the business for which he or she works. Working primarily with the Sales and Operations departments, this experienced professional develops facility management opportunities. Service offerings include custodial, concierge/front desk and security in residential & commercial settings.
Strategic planning for future development is a key part of this job description. The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. A thorough knowledge of the business, marketplace and the company’s competitors is required.
A day in the life of a Director of Business Development might include tasks like:
- Managing the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams
- Updating CRM system to reflect various opportunities and sales forecasting
- Maintaining an active presence at various association trade shows and events
- Prospecting for leads
- Competitive analysis
- Contract review with potential new clients
- Collaborating with the Sales & Marketing department
- Daily interaction with the VP of Business Development and Team, Operations and administrative staff
- Strong ability to cold call for opportunities
- Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Clarify goals and reach agreement maintaining the interests of all parties
- Ability to discuss strategic and sensitive issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understands client’s needs
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of sales/marketing experience
Job Type: Full-time
- sales/marketing: 5 years