Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, application development, programming, administration, primary support, maintenance, security and implementation for third party applications that are integrated into the College’s ERP system, as well as stand-alone applications. Systems include, but are not limited to, Banner, Portal, Workflow, Xtender, Evisions, digital signage software and Foundation applications.
Maintains Banner Xtender Evisions, Financial & Raisers Edge and Digital Signage system for the College which includes new enhancement identification, development and implementation, troubleshooting system and operation problems, coordination of solution with all users and Information Technology.
Identifies, develops and implements enhancements related to the third party applications; coordinates solutions with end users and administers the applications.
Develops, programs, supports and maintains the integrations with the College’s ERP system (Banner).
Leads projects for Information Technology including identifying needed revisions to the system integrations, Banner workflow and process improvements and other data and information needs.
Designs and develops project plans leading and facilitating implementation; identifies solutions to problems and facilitates resolutions.
Identifies, develops and implements Banner Workflows for the College; troubleshoots user errors in Workflow; creates complex workflow components and models.
Assists in the development and testing of integration components to Banner/Oracle database.
Develops and maintains Enterprise Systems documentation.
With the functional administrators, establishes and maintains user profiles and security for the College’s third party applications. Grants and tracks access in support of and at the direction of the functional/IT areas administrators.
Schedules, coordinates, reviews and applies product upgrades and enhancements and advises users of impact.
Designs, analyzes, codes, documents, and implements applications that support, enhance and integrate with the College-wide enterprise application suite.
Serves as the liaison between the functional area and Information Technology in developing new information initiatives and maintaining/troubleshooting current systems and applications.
Maintains Foundation application, Raisers Edge and Financial Edge.
Develops, supports and maintains the College’s document management software, Banner Xtender. Responsible for upgrades, application development, modifications and overall performance of Banner Xtender.
Performs other duties as assigned.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Related full-time professional work experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
One (1) year of related full-time professional work experience.
Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational culture.
* Exhibit a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the position.
* Possess a working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis techniques.
* Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
* Anticipate, investigate, and analyze problems and address them proactively.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Work independently and follow through on assignments.
* Exhibit solid organizational skills and be detail oriented.
* Work with a variety of constituencies and be willing to contribute to a team effort.
* Exercise discretion and good judgment at all times and in all contexts and maintain confidentiality.
* Work effectively with all constituencies of the College.
* Collect, organize, analyze and present information in a meaningful manner.
* Collaborate and be effective working with diverse populations.
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office.
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.
This application is considered the official document of record with the college indicating your interest in this position. It must be completed in its entirety.
Incomplete applications or applications that indicate “See Resume” will not be considered. It is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure all required information and documents are provided.
All work history and degrees awarded must be included on the application and all fields must be accurately and specifically completed. Candidates must list ALL work experience and degree information which proves sufficient for meeting minimum qualifications of this position.
Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to the applicant system at the same time the application is submitted for consideration. It is suggested that all documents, including transcripts, be uploaded as PDF documents fewer than 5MB in size.
Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees will be required at the time of hire.
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a reputable U.S. evaluation service at time of application. Accepted services can be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html. This evaluation must be uploaded to the application system at time of application in order to be considered.
Once the application has been submitted, NO additional documents or changes to the application can be made. Please be absolutely sure everything is completed and attached before final submission.
We are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed or hand delivered application materials. Everything must be submitted through the online application system.
A selection committee will review candidate materials and will select a limited number of qualified applicants for interview. Occasionally positions will be reposted, in order to widen the applicant pool. Positions may also be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case, candidates will need to reapply if the position is posted again in the future.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting, as well as previous work experience references will be required of the final candidate.
Florida SouthWestern State College is proud to be a tobacco-free organization.
Florida SouthWestern State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Florida SouthWestern State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or veteran’s status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access or equal opportunity should be addressed to Title IX/Equity Officer, Florida SouthWestern State College, 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33919, (239) 489-9051.