Part-time, Flexible Teaching Positions – great if you are looking to return to work and add valuable experience to your resume!
Teaching locations in Lake Forest, Lincolnshire, Deerfield, Northbrook, Glenview, Wilmette and Evanston.
COMPUTER EXPLORERS is looking for enthusiastic and dependable teachers to teach our exciting TechStars technology classes to children in the Northeastern Chicago suburbs.
Are you looking to utilize your talents and return to work part time? Do you have experience teaching, tutoring and managing kids? Are you excited and comfortable around technology? Are you dependable and have reliable transportation to travel with equipment to the teaching location? Then this job is for you!
TechStars is the national leader in technology education for children. Classes taught are unique technology enrichment programs in Digital Moviemaking, Lego Engineering & Robotics, Video game design, Coding and many others. Children and parents love our classes! We provide lesson plans, equipment and training. Our classes are small with 6-12 students and they work in pairs.
Current classes are scheduled for park districts and after school enrichment programs all across north Cook County and all of Lake County.
Classes during the school year are one hour long each, and are held Mon-Fri, after school between 3-7 p.m. During summer, we have classes in the mornings, afternoons and early evenings.
There are many benefits to working at Techstars:
- 1. Rewarding experience teaching kids eager to learn new technology programs in a fun and exciting environment
- 2. Teaching experience in the growing field of STEM is a great resume booster.
- 3. Techstars is well-known throughout the Chicagoland area and there are many opportunities to network with parents who are business professionals, teachers, schools and park district administrators.
- 4. Working at Techstar provides important job experiences like working on a team, strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly which prove to be highly important for job seekers in all industries.
- 5. Part time, flexible employment – 20 hours per week and you can choose the days of the week you want to work
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
Required license or certification: