Performs diverse administrative and coordination duties in support of the Archdiocesan, Regional & National V Encuentro Processes and Events. Primarily responsible for providing support to the Event Coordinator in all aspects pertaining to processes and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church and they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Collaborates in the efforts of V Encuentro in implementing the processes and events on a diocesan, regional, and national scale.
• Promotes a positive working relationship with his/her coordinator.
• Work in close collaboration with the V Encuentro Coordinator to ensure clear communication and seamless planning for the overall success of processes and events.
• Provides administrative services for the V Encuentro Coordinator.
• Assists the Coordinator in monitoring the Archdiocesan V Encuentro budget, deposits, check requests, requisitions, prepares receipts for Bookkeeper.
• Keeps financial records on all the V Encuentro processes and events and generates reports as needed.
• Maintains and ensures quality and accurate work in the following areas: record keeping, databases, generating invoices, some financial processing, creating and reviewing forms/letters, website support, and reports.
• Provides a high level service both internally to those directly supported and externally to our constituents,
vendors, committee members, volunteers and others.
• Interprets data and events; may develop clerical methods to handle data and document procedures as necessary.
• Performs research duties to obtain information; collates, organizes and summarizes data for review and action by others.
• Uses tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive calls and situations and refers them appropriately and must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• May supervise the daily activities of volunteers or clerical staff including assigning and reviewing work and providing training and direction as necessary.
• Maintains calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for out-of-town travel.
• Meetings or events – Prepares invitations or other documents; prepares mailings; and arranges/ meeting places.
• Manages offering of services through the ADLA Store if necessary.
• Perform other routine office duties such as ordering and distributing supplies, answering and screening telephone calls, copying, collating and distributing reports, etc.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Maintains databases for Exhibitors, Hotels, Liturgical Teams, Committees, Volunteers, and assists in keeping other important information as needed by event coordinator.
• Assists in maintaining accurate records and places appropriate orders for items needed for the event prior to and on site.
• Assists with ensuring all aspects of communication, processing of forms, updating of database, packets, records, etc. are completed accurately and according to schedule.
• Assists with ensuring that all speaker AV requests are accounted for and helps in the preparation of the report needed for the appropriate vendors.
• Advertising – mange advertising and communication efforts to promote V Encuentro locally and nationally.
• Liturgies – assist the V Encuentro coordinator to ensure that spreadsheets and other records and forms are updated and maintained for liturgy teams. Manage the schedule and completion of printing of worship aids.
• VIP’s – assists Event Coordinator in extending invitations and following up with RSVP’s
• Appreciation Dinner– extends invitations, follows up with RSVP’s and maintains and updates appropriate records.
• Assists in preparing various packets and materials for transport to event.
• Assists with issuing pre-event information, onsite registration, as well as post-event evaluation and follow-up.
• Assists with formatting and securing online and administrative (internal) registration process.
• Meets monthly or more often if needed with coordinator to prepare timeline, information sharing, communication, planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Reviews inventory of supplies and determining supplies for upcoming event.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate records and places appropriate orders for items needed for the event prior to and on site.
• Must have ability to maintain all Archdiocesan safety and security policies and procedures
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Two years of experience in record keeping and database management.
•Minimum of two years of experience in an increasingly responsible secretarial/administrative positions.
• Must have at least two years’ experience in event planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel and digital communication skill including Android and Apple smartphones applications.
• Familiar with online form development and fillable forms. (i.e. Google Docs, Adobe)
• Basic workings of social media platforms.
• Familiar with online registration systems.
• Bilingual English/ Spanish usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Must be able to effectively interact biculturally, including effective written, verbal usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• File management.
• Database management.
• Long term planning.
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
• Perform general accounting functions.
• Handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Operate standard office equipment and computer.
• Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping and walking.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hand and arms.
Archdioceses Los Angeles
Human Resources Department
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010