1. Demonstrates mastery of Administrative Assistant I job description competencies.
2. As a representative of the agency, provides consistent, effective customer service, and maintains appropriate professional communication with members of outside agencies, vendors, youth, and/or families as well as internal customers across programs and departments.
3. Manages and maintains daily calendar, meetings, performs specific work procedure assignments, acts as a liaison between finance and programs, provides reports and data internally and externally as required.
4. Takes minutes and exercises judgment about what is included.
5. Manages office supply needs, performs routine maintenance on office equipment (toner and paper for fax copier, removing paper jams from fax or copier).
6. Initiates contact and implements defined safety procedures in event of an emergency.
7. Initiates collaborative participation in the work of committees, task forces, and with coworkers to support desired organizational outcomes; provides back up on administrative tasks as requested.
8. Coordinates efforts in and between departments in response to program, facility, finance, and or transportation needs when necessary.
9. Ensures compliance with processes for payment, petty cash or mileage reimbursement, purchasing invoices or credit card statements. Meets corporate, regional and department standards regarding assigned tasks, processes, and procedures.
10. Maintains knowledge of programs, practice principles, and department goals.
11. Maintains accurate and timely data entry and other clerical practices.
12. Adheres to standards regarding the handling of confidential information.
13. Conducts audits and participates in IS billing documentation comparisons to ensure accurate payment.
14. Develops and streamlines the work processes for purpose of effective and efficient work procedures.
15. Provides information and supports feedback processes with managers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED).
- Two (2) years of experience in the field or related area required.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft applications (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
Other Specific Requirements
- Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance, if applicable.
- Valid California Driver’s license with two years’ experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition this position standing, sitting, walking, climbing and kneeling.