• Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise
• Received: Typically reports to Accounting Manager
• Note: Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
City of Richmond Social Services employees are required to work during a declared emergency
The Department of Social Services Division of Economic Support & Independence is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Account Specialist II.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to SNAP issuance program;
- Issue and provide Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards to Social Services customers on a daily basis, as determined by Benefit Programs Specialists;
- Maintain the master inventory control logs of all services issues
- Secure and quarterly audit our Department’s bulk EBT cards and supplies;
- Perform some routine office functions such as sharing duties as unit receptionist, screening and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, filing, copying and faxing;
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires high school diploma, or GED and formal training, that is equivalent to one year of college education.
- Requires two years of accounts payable experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
- No Special Certification or License required.
The Preferred candidate will have:
- An Associate’s Degree in Business
- Three or more years of accounting clerk-related experience
- Knowledge of SNAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Kowledgeable of automated financial systems
- Detail orientated with excellent time management skills
- High level of customer service skills that support he or she’s ability to service a diverse client base with the highest level of quality.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and routine keyboard operations.
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks no exposure to any environmental hazards.
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing and speaking.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Site Wide Menu:
- Highlighted Information
- Online Services
900 E. Broad St. | Richmond, VA 23219 | Map it | (804)646-7000
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mayor Dwight C. Jones | © 2010 City of Richmond
This is the example of Message that could show on every page