Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the Pharmacovigilance (PV) Business Liaison Director, the intern will learn about the science of Pharmacovigilance through various methods such as E-learnings, face to face orientations and shadowing experiences, and independent study (e.g., review of health authority regulations and Company policy).
- The intern will apply the PV knowledge by developing a series of internal training/resource materials.
- This will include assessing FDA and European Medicines Agency PV regulations, as well as internal policy and procedures, in order to develop resources intended for training and reference purposes.
- Topics of study include, but are not limited to PV requirements for use in clinical trials, medical devices, social media and patient support programs.
- Final resources will be in a user-friendly format such as PowerPoint schematics and process flowcharts.
- Required: Have completed a minimum of 3 years of a BS degree in a science related field, preferably Pharmaceutical Science, Regulatory Science, or Project Management with a science related minor.
- Returning to school in the fall of 2017
- Technical expertise and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, share sites and the ability to use these tools to create resource documents described in
- Self-motivation and the ability to drive results independently
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Understanding of pharmaceutical business
- Understanding of Pharmacovigilance
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name: Merck