Gmail is one of the best free email service provider that offers nearly unlimited mailbox space with enhanced search capabilities and intuitive user interface. Apart from the basic mail settings available on other free email services, Gmail has other settings that makes it stand out from the rest.
Here are the 10 tips that may come handy for you in the future. So Bookmark this page so that you don’t forget any of them.
1. Maximum Emails in One Page:
- If u think your gmail is cluttered with too many emails in one page, just customize it, its the second option in setting’s main page.
View in gallery
2. Change Language:
- Change your default setting to any local supported language on setting’s main page.
View in gallery
3. Add An Image To A Contact:
- Go to Contacts.
- Search for and click on the desired contact.
- Click Add a picture.
- Use My Computer, Picasa Web Album or Web Address (URL) to choose the desired image.
- Click Select Image.
- Crop the image if needed.
- Click Apply Changes.View in gallery
4. Add an Invitation to an Email in Gmail:
- Start composing a new message or reply in Gmail.
- Click Add event info.
- Type the event title under Event:.
- Specify a location (optional) under Where:.
- Set the event’s time and duration under When:.
- Continue composing and eventually send your message.View in gallery
5. Check Your Gmail Account with a Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press U (think “update”).
6. Create Labels As and When You Need Them in Gmail:
- Click the More Actions … drop-down menu with the message or messages you want to label checked.
- Select New label … under Apply Label.
- Type the desired label name under Please enter a new label name:.
- Click OK.View in gallery
7. Find Out When a Message Was Sent Exactly in Gmail:
- Position the mouse cursor over the relative time or date displayed in Gmail.
- Wait for the exact date and time to display.
8. Find Messages Exchanged with a Contact in Gmail:
- Select Contacts from the left column menu in Gmail.
- Click the desired person.
- If you do not exchange messages frequently with the contact, you may have to click All Contacts first.
- Under Recent Conversations, find mail exchanged with the contact.View in gallery
9. Block a Sender in Gmail:
- Follow the Create a filter link (at the top of any Gmail mailbox, near the search buttons).
- Type the desired email address under From:.
- You can block an entire domain by entering just that. To block all mail from both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, type “@example.com”.
- To block more than one address, separate them with “|” (not including the quotation marks). You can block both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by typing “email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org”, for example.
- Click Next Step ».
- Make sure Delete it is checked under Choose action.
- Click Create Filter.
- Check Also apply filter to __ conversations below to delete previously received messages.View in gallery
10. Bookmark “Compose Mail” in Gmail:
–>x3Cscript async src=”http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”>x3C/script>x3Cscript>x3C/script>’);